Open Online Course
The Association of Architectural Aluminium Manufacturers of South Africa (AAAMSA) was founded by eight companies in July 1974 to foster trade and commerce in relation to those persons associated in the manufacture and installation of architectural aluminium structures. Its main objective is to promote commercial and group interest
AAAMSA is a non-profit, voluntary organization committed to fostering trade and commerce in relation to the persons associated in the manufacture and installation of Fenestration, Glass & Glazing, Thermal, Ceiling and Partitioning in the Building Industry.
A presentation developed for Glazing Companies, Aluminium Fabricators, Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Facility and Project Managers, Building Inspectorate, Building Contractors and Individuals involved with design or installation of glass in buildings.
• AAAMSA Group Introduction
• Glazing Terminology
• Glass Types
• Glazing Applications
• Building Classification
• Building Regulations:
• SANS 10400-N: 2012 Ed 3.1 (Glazing)
• SANS 10400-D: 2011 Ed 3 (Public safety)
• SANS 10400-T: 2011 Ed 3 (Fire protection)
• SANS 1263-1: 2013 Ed 3.2 (Safety performance of glazing under human impact) • SANS 10137: 2011 Ed 4 (The installation of glazing in buildings)
• SANS 613:2011